Welcome to Jon's Workshop.
Model Engineering for the 21st Century
Computers and CNC in the Home Workshop
Modern Electronics applied to Model Engineering
Design Tips and Gifts -
Nothing for sale here. The hope is our innovative design examples given freely here inspire others to move forward creatively.
No guarantees offered or implied. Share and Enjoy.
Downloads - Please Note - You can download many types of files here - pdf documents, jpg images, spreadsheets and all sorts. Some web browsers throw a hissy fit about spreadsheets, incorrectly reporting them as being full of spyware or virus. This is not so, try another browser if probs seen.
Other stuff coming soon - maybe : -
- Continuing research and development of control electronics and software systems applied to 5" and 7.25" gauge electric locomotives.
- Railway signalling system design using distributed intelligence / networked system, reduces complexity and provides limited but useful fault tolerance
- Converting Challenger Lathe to CNC - All electronics and Linux CNC tried and tested, yet to fit ballscrews and other mechanics.
- Thompson B1 Steam Loco in 5 inch gauge - based upon Martin Evans' Springbok design, tender finished, loco frames and motion finished and tested, boiler obtained from Western Steam, waiting for me to get on and finish the job.
- Other diversions that arise taking attention from any of the above.
Jon Freeman B Eng Hons is a qualified Digital Systems Engineer, good at his job but seldom noted for his patience or talent as a Modeller ! More at home with electronics and software listings than mechanics.
Member of :
Taunton Model Engineers [web]
Bristol Society of Model and Experimental Engineers [web]